IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Friday, January 4, 2013

Weekly Crochet Square: Square 1

I thought it would be fun to make a different crochet square each week this year, and share them (along with the free pattern) with you! My idea is to turn them into a blanket early next year. I am thinking that I will use whatever colors of yarn that I happen to have on hand, then bind them together with black yarn for a sort of "stained glass" look.
Would you like to join along? Just visit me every week and crochet a square along with me. If you'd like updates sent directly to your inbox, you can subscribe to my blog by email, and you will get an update on each post.


For my first square, I decided on green for the color. Mostly because I am kind of tapped out on yarn after all of the crocheting I did in the last couple of months. I guess that means I need more. Oh... poor me. I'll just have to force myself  to go yarn shopping. Ahhh.. the things I do for you.... ;-)
Anyway... I was playing around with the yarn and settled on a cute, simple stitch. It is made up of half double crochets and measures about 6 1/4" X 6 1/4", but after I block it, It will be about 8 inches square.
Here's how to make it:

Square 1: Crossed Half Double Crochet
What You Need:
Size I Crochet Hook
Worsted weight yarn of your choice (I used Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Paddy Green)

What You Do:
Chain 26
Row 1: Half Double Crochet (hdc) in 3rd chain from hook, and in each across. Turn. (24)
Row 2: Chain 2, [skip the next hdc, hdc in the next hdc, hdc in the skipped hdc] repeat across. Turn. (24)
Row 3: Chain 2, hdc in each stitch across. Turn. (24)
Rows 4-17: Repeat rows 2 and 3. Finish off and weave in ends.



Photobucket
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...