IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Monday, November 12, 2012

Newborn Caterpillar Hat and Cocoon {free crochet pattern}

You all know the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, right?
That story is the inspiration for this project.
If you've been on Pinterest, there's no doubt you've seen all of the cute little newborn photos of the adorable babies in their hats and coccoons.

I created this pattern because it seems to be very popular, and I wanted something cute to donate to Lauren's (from Tutus & Tea Parties) Hurricane Sandy Relief Auction.
Bidding on the auction is closed.

I have moved this pattern to my new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses only on crochet projects. I am in the process of moving over all patterns, but I plan to keep this site active, so that you will still be able to find my patterns with old links (it will just take one extra click). I apologize for any inconvenience.
Please follow the link below to be taken to the pattern. You will also find a brand new, free printable/downloadable option for the pattern. Enjoy!





Photobucket
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!

10 comments:

  1. This is soo cute! Now I'm back to wishing I could crochet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so Stink'n Cute! Thanks for posting the pattern..that was pretty awesome of you!

    From TracyAnn of www.crochethappy.com and http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd really like to add your hungry little caterpillar to my website..can I have permission to use your photo? I never post the actual pattern, I link back to you for that.
    What do you say?


    Tracy Joyner
    Website: http://www.crochethappy.com
    Blog: http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/crochethappy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy!
      Thanks so much for your sweet comment, and for asking to link to my pattern. YES! I would love for you to link to my pattern on your site! I am browsing over there now, and I love what I see. I am bookmarking it! :-)
      Thanks so much!
      Susie

      Delete
  4. This is so cute, is it OK if I alter your pattern by using a sport weight yarn, and making some to donate to a local Newborn Intensive Care Unit. I make many of them, and like to do cute one to hopefully lessen the stress the mother's go through by having something cute for their tiny babies. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be WONDERFUL!!! What a sweet thing to do!

      Delete
  5. What is the size of this? mine seems to be really big for a newborn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hat is newborn size. Some crocheters crochet tighter than others and some looser... I suspect that I crochet tighter than many. If you tend to crochet looser, I would suggest maybe going down a hook size or changing your stitch count by working 5 dc in the ring in round 1. I hope that helps! :-)

      Delete
  6. This is so cute and so clever! I love it. It is great for boys or girls, which is really handy! I would love to be able to also make it for a somewhat larger baby. Can you suggest how I could make the cocoon in a larger size? (What are the measurements of the cocoon as per the pattern?) I think I can figure out how to enlarge the hat. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! To make them bigger, you can simply increase the number of stitches in round 1, then increase the rows that are worked evenly to the desired length. For the cocoon, you can add 1-2 even rows to each segment.
      Hopw this helps. :)

      Delete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...